Egg-free, dairy-free, vegan cinnamon rolls to go with your coffee or tea.
1.5 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
0.7 Cup Coconut Milk
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
0.5 Cup (8 Tablespoons) Coconut Oil, melted
6 Tablespoons Coconut Palm Sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit (185 Celsius) and grease 6 ramekins with some coconut oil.
- Combine the flour, 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the coconut milk, vinegar, and 4 tablespoons of the melted coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Heavily flour a clean surface, and pat the dough out into a rectangle about 12″ long. Use plenty of flour as you go.
- Pour the remaining 4 tablespoons of melted oil on top of the dough.
- Combine the coconut sugar, cinnamon, and remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Press this mixture lightly into the butter on top of the dough. Carefully, roll the dough up starting with the long side. Roll away from you. When you get to the end of the dough, pinch the entire seam shut.
- Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces, form into rolls, drop into the greased ramekins and bake for 15 minutes.
Adapted personally by rootsnwingz from a recipe on http://www.DessertForTwo.com